Position: Ward 8 Councillor
Previous council experience: No
Other political experience: No
Political donations: None found.
Occupation / Profession: Office administrator
Languages: English, Arabic
Declared positions: –
Transit: She is not supportive of BRT because of the limited benefit and concerns about restricted left turning lanes. Phone interview with Mike Faulds
Social Housing: She is supportive of social housing and expenditure to reduce homelessness.
- Creation of sustainable Jobs that are less dependent on trade with US.
- Develop jobs that pay high.
- Encourage foreign investments, fair competition and immigration.
- Equal opportunity for employments regardless of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, languages barriers, religion, gender bias, Canadian experience.
- Accountability of insurance outrageous premiums, government to provide alternatives, oversight an address complaints.
- Area development to greater investment.
- Conducive atmosphere of businesses creation.
- Education and talents retention.
- Viable Communication and room for everyone growth.
Eradication of Poverty:
- Eradication of poverty and enhancements of quality of life should be one of the major goals of any government.
- Lower taxes towards eventual eliminations – learn from global leaders in tax-free economies
- Poverty can be eradicated from the face of the planet by thinking differently and a political willpower to deal with it.
Affordable housing –
- Rent to Own’ programs.
- Making sure not to rise the property taxes.
- Interest free social housing projects for the lowest income groups to be able to own their houses.
Safe Injection Sites: Is supportive of safe injection sites with counselling services phone interview with Michael Faulds
Fiscal Responsibility: Encourages responsible spending in areas where vitally important. phone interview with Michael Faulds
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Phone interview with Mike Faulds|
|2, 3.||↑||phone interview with Michael Faulds|